This delicious Penne Pesto Pasta can be found at the SeaGarden Buffet at the Terrace. It is the perfect side dish with any deli sandwich.
Penne Pasta Ingredients:
- 4 ½ cups penne pasta, cooked
- ¾ cup red onion sliced
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 cup pesto dressing (see below)
- Directions – in large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Pesto Dressing Ingredients:
- ¾ cup basil fresh (remove large stems, wash and sanitize)
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 ¼ cups Romano cheese, cut in ½ inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, fresh peeled
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, table grind
1.) Combine the olive oil, vegetable oil, 1/3 of the basil and the garlic in a food processor.
2.) Slowly add the remainder of the ingredients except the salt and pepper (if mixture does not seem to be combining, add more oil).
3.) Add salt and pepper
Final texture should be heavy while flowing through the food processor! Enjoy